Lahore, May 09, 2018 (PPI-OT): A meeting of the committee formed to discuss various cricket matters, headed by Chairman PCB was held on 3rd May, 2018 at Gaddafi Stadium Lahore. In attendance were:
Mr. Subhan Ahmad, Chief Operating Officer PCB,
Mr. Muddassar Nazar, Director Academies,
Mr. Inzamamul Haq, Chief Selector,
Mr. Haroon Rashid, Director Cricket Operations,
Mr. Shakil Ahmed Shaikh, Advisor to Chairman PCB
Mr. Saqib Irfan, Sr. Manager Domestic Cricket Operations
The committee discussed the following:
a) Rules for Privately Organized Cricket
b) NOC Policy for Players participating in Foreign Leagues
c) Proposed Domestic Cricket Structure.
d) Existing cricket infrastructure and its uplifting/upgradation
The Chairman has endorsed the following decisions made on the above agenda points:
1. Rules for holding private league(s) have been made elaborately clear to the applicant(s) for clear understanding and applicant(s) will have to fully abide by the rules made for granting permission to hold private league(s) before issuing any NOC(s) to them. The rules will be circulated shortly to all parties who have shown interest in holding private tournaments involving current players.
2. NOC policy for players participating in foreign leagues will now be enforced. The salient features of this policy are:
a. Centrally contracted players will be allowed to participate in two leagues only in a cricket season.
b. The non-contracted players are bound to play at least three domestic first class matches for them to be entitled to receive NOC.
c. Retired players do not need any NOC from PCB, however as per ICC rule they are bound to obtain NOC from PCB for 2 years from the date of their retirement.
d. To deal with special cases not covered under the rules, i.e,. for exceptions, a 4 member committee comprising Chairman, Chief Selector, Head Coach(Pakistan Team) and Director Cricket Operations will decide to issue NOC for players participation in any additional league.
3. There will be no change in the existing domestic cricket structure adopted in the cricket season 2017/18 and it will continue to be implemented in the forthcoming season of 2018/19 with one amendment which is that one day tournament would also be held alongside four day first class tournament having one day rest in between 4 day and 1 day matches. In short, 8 Regions and 8 Departments will play first class cricket in a combined Quaid-e-Azam Trophy (QAT). The bottom ranked team of Region i.e, Faisalabad from 2017-18 QAT will be relegated to QAT Grade II and in its place the top ranked Region team of Grade II 2017/18 winner of QAT Grade II will be promoted to first class cricket for season 2018-19. Likewise, bottom ranked team of Department i.e., National Bank of Pakistan from 2017-18 QAT will be relegated to Patron’s Trophy Grade II and in its place the top ranked Department team of Patron’s Trophy Grade II i.e., ZTBL will be promoted to first class cricket for season 2018-19.
4. Domestic players match fees would be enhanced in order to financially strengthen regional players to bring them at par with the departmental players. Monthly retainer-ship amount being paid to domestic players as per current policy will be diverted towards domestic players match fee enhancement.
5. Organization of PCB controlled club cricket at districts level will be outsourced. This tournament will be in addition to the mandatory requirement of districts to organize two club level tournaments.
6. Number of teams participating in Patrons Trophy Grade II in 2018/19 will be reduced to 16 to bring quality and competitiveness in Patrons trophy Grade II level. This will be done on the basis of more stringent criteria for qualification of teams to play Patrons Trophy Grade II.
7. Mr. Shakil Shaikh, advisor to the Chairman has been given the task to visit all the first class centers and submit a report on pitches and infrastructures along with recommendations to upgrade the existing pitches and facilities within next 30 days. Mr. Mudassar Nazar or Mr. Haroon Rashid may accompany him during these visits.
For more information, contact:
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore 54600, Pakistan
Tel: +9242 571 7231 -4
Fax: +9242 571 1860