Islamabad, April 15, 2019 (PPI-OT): A fire broke out in the home of a Pakistani family residing in Al Ain on 12th April 2019 in which 6 Pakistanis, including four members of a family. Also, one Pakistani, namely, Mr. Mohammad Raheem, age 50, has sustained minor injuries.
Details of the deceased are as follows:
1. Muhammad Farouq s/o Muhammad Khan, Kohat
2. Omer Farouq s/o Muhammad Farouq, Kohat
3. Khurram Farouq s/o Muhammad Farouq, Kohat
4. Khayal Afzal s/o Muhammad Afzal, Orakzai Agency
5. Eid Nawaz Khan s/o Ghareeb Nawaz, FR Peshawar
6. Ali Haider s/o Lal Bahadur, Bannu
According to initial reports, the fire started in a small room, where several flammable items were stored, including a generator, gas pipes, air conditioners and wood. The Embassy of Pakistan in Abu Dhabi has been in constant contact with the survivors and relatives of the deceased, both in UAE and Pakistan. The Embassy officials also visited the accident site to extend necessary facilitation including for issuance of Death Certificates and Emergency Travel Documents. The Mission is also in touch with PIA officials for early repatriation of the human remains to Pakistan.
For more information, contact:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Government of Pakistan